Monday, April 27, 2009

flash processes + research

I have done up some tests in flash (speed depiction, dust clouds etc) and they seem to be acheivable enough so far.

I also started animating portions, FUN! :D
- Blue smell > O_O > >=)
- Red smell > O_O > >=)
- Most of the abstract fighting scene (just need to add fire/lighting)

Next thing to do is probally draw up the landscape in flash, and finally decide on the colours. As that is rather important for the characters to interact with.

I have been studing some cartoons (dragon ball + naruto) and paying attention to how they depict speed and effects(dust/fire/lighting/etc). Visually flowing things(dust/fire/water) take time to animate because there are no shortcuts, and it pretty mmuch has to be frame by frame.
While also looking at the camera angles and perspective used.

I also took some photos of my old toy dinosaur for reference in the holidays, I never really thought about dipicting the size of the dinosaurs. Maybe they could be the size of ants for a joke at the end and the massive explosion would only be a tiny spark. Interesting me not thinking about a certain element can add to the animation in the end. :P
I don't know how horizon lines works with tiny landscapes. I guess they don't have any. Might do some camera tests today.

No comments:

Post a Comment