Sunday, April 26, 2009

after break update

Cut the music, runs for about 1.26 or so.

Created a new flash document. synced up the keyframes with the beat of the song. That took ages. Then I realised it was on 12 frames per second. :/

Whipped up some tests which prove to depict the speed I want, which proved needed it to be at about 24 frames per second. god damn.

So I had to change the frames frickin MANUALLY which was a complete *****. That took ages also. :(

But it was probably worth the extra effort, because speed is a focus in the animation.

Completed thumbnail storyboards, most came out the way I had in my head, but some didn't (like the jump secquences)

The storyboards definitely helped as it showed things I didn't think about (like the dinos movements when they fire their energy beams, + that I probably need a widescreen part when they jump back + weather and light direction)

From the start I decided to not have any animation that was too time consuming. So most of the shots are like from an anime, with small, subtle gestures instead of over the top movement.

Possible difficulties:
-Initial running scene. At the moment I dont this to be from side on, I want a perspective (may change to a more abstract version, or just have a the dino go from still movement to w/lightning/fire)
-All the action seems rather mirrored. eg same perspective run, just flipped horizontally for both dinos. Dunno if I should mix this up or not. :/
-Spiral fire twist. I really want this, will have to be frame by frame so it will be a bit of a bitch to animate. Still need some reference.
-Still no reason as to why the dinosaurs are fighting and what the outcome is.

No comments:

Post a Comment