Monday, March 23, 2009

model of early cinema (any media)

I used flash to rotate a wheel with a sequence of images (that create an animation) around the outside, with a viewfinder over top.
It worked well in the program.
LINK

I then made a model of the same thing with paper/cardboard, but it didn't work at all.
The images on the wheel just turned into a blur. It looks like this technique only works if it is viewed at a certain frame rate with a certain rotation speed.

I'll try to turn it into a phenakistiscope wheel.
How to make one.
I printed out the 12 frames needed, so I'll make another.


Another one:
Turning on the light reveals hidden image.
I made something like this in flash. move the mouse to light it up.
LINK
Not quite the same because of the gradient, but this could be achieved with transparent layer and shading.
I'll try to make a paper model of this also.

No comments:

Post a Comment